Thursday, August 2, 2012

Help Wanted With Website, Directory, Blogs, Etc

Dear CEAL Members (or potential members):
As Chair of the CEAL Library Technology Committee (CLT; currently staffed only by me!), I am looking for help with various aspects of the CEAL website: Server routine backups; CEAL Directory MS Access database update; Blog Update (CEAL News and CEAL Jobs). In addition, I may need help with technical support for presenters at the annual meeting. The work is mostly routine, and not difficult if you have OR are willing to learn some basic skills. I am willing and able to help you learn.

Why? For one thing, my tenure as CEAL Library Technology Chair expires in about 20 months (March 2014). If requested, I may continue after that (the CLT chair position is appointed by the Executive Board). In any case, it would be good for CEAL to have a CLT backup who is at least familiar with the basics.

Are you interested? It's fun (if you like this sort of thing!) It looks good on your resume!

Please email or phone me (contact info below).

Rob
CEAL Library Technology Chair


Rob Britt
Coordinator of East Asian Library Services
University of Washington
Marian Gould Gallagher Law Library
East Asian Law Department (Room L138)
Box 353025
Seattle, WA  98195-3025
USA

Phone: 206-543-7447
Fax: 206-685-2165

No comments:

Post a Comment